Blan Block 2


Like Us Now On:

Facebook icon Twitter icon YouTube icon

Frequently Asked Questions

Betting Gaming & Lotteries Commission

No, the Betting Gaming and Lotteries Commission (BGLC) is a government statutory body reporting to the Ministry of Finance, mandated to regulate the following sectors of the Gaming Industry:

  • Betting (including sports betting and betting on Horse Racing),
  • Gaming (the operation of gaming lounges and gaming machines) and
  • Lotteries (the operations of all lottery games).

Supreme Ventures Ltd. (SVL) pays a license fee to the BGLC in order to be a registered operator of its lottery games, and other licensing fees to operate other SVL owned facilities and services. adherence SVL is a thus referred to as a licensee of the BGLC, just like other licensees also considered fit and proper to conduct betting, gaming in the island, such as, betting shops, gaming lounges, or the owner of a gaming machine in a bar on a street corner. The BGLC also audits the operations of its licensees to ensure they are in compliance with tax and other laws of the country.

Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 3pm; and Friday 9:00am – 2pm

As we found that many of the tasks in each division were duplicated, so the BGLC has streamlined its operations now to create functional divisions rather than sector divisions (Betting, Gaming or Lotteries). The Compliance and Regulatory Division does all audit and compliance functions for all licensees, regardless of whether you are a gaming, betting or lotteries licensee. Similarly, the Licensing and Registration Division does all licensing and registration for all licensees regardless of sector.

Any person under the age of 18 years.

A Bookmaker is any person who, whether occasionally or regularly carries on the business of receiving or negotiating bets at declared odds and is the holder of a valid Bookmaker’s Permit authorizing him so to act.

Initially, you are required to complete and submit an Application form for a Bookmaker’s Permit accompanied by the following:

  • A Permit Fee of Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000.00) payable to the Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission
  • Certified copies of the Bookmaker's Memorandum and Articles of Association
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • A statement showing the names and addresses of the directors and secretary of the company and of the persons in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors are accustomed to act and whether or not such persons are citizens of and resident in Jamaica.
  • A statement showing the authorized capital, the issued capital, the paid up capital and a list of the names, addresses and occupations of the person who are shareholders in the company at the time of the application and whether or not such persons are citizens of and residents in Jamaica.
  • Last audited Financial Statement, if not yet available, in house financial statements.
  • Opening Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
  • Documentary evidence to substantiate the filing of Income Tax Returns for the company and its directors.

Please note that the Commission will conduct due diligence investigations on all shareholders/directors associated with the Bookmaking Company in order to satisfy itself that these persons are ‘fit and proper’, as outlined in Section 7(1) (2B) of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries (2010) Amendment Act.  


The Local Racing Authority, The Jamaica Racing Commission is responsible for the administration of the local racing product.

Yes, an applicant must enter into an agreementwith the local racing provider, Caymanas Track Limited (CTL) prior to accepting wagering on local horse racing. An agreement is also needed with the overseas racing promoter if a bookmaker intends to accept wagering on overseas racing. The Rights fee charged by the local and overseas racing promoter is a private arrangement between the Bookmaker and the Promoter(s). The Commission MUST however be provided with the Right Fees Agreement between the Promoter and Bookmaker prior to a Permit being granted.

Bookmakers provide their own rules, however these rules must be approved by the Commission