Applying for Grant of a Bookmakers Permit
The following documents are required when applying for Grant of a Bookmakers Permit:
- Certified copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- A statement showing the names and addresses of the directors and secretary of the company and of the persons in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors are accustomed to act and whether or not such persons are citizens of and resident in Jamaica.
- A statement showing the authorized capital, the issued capital, the paid up capital and a list of the names, addresses and occupations of the person who are shareholders in the company at the time of the application and whether or not such persons are citizens of and residents in Jamaica.
- Last audited Financial Statement, if not yet available, in house financial statements.
- Opening Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Documentary evidence to substantiate the filing of Income Tax Returns for the company and its directors.
- A Permit Fee is payable to the Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission
The Commission will investigate all Companies and Individuals that have applied and/or have been granted licences in order to protect the Betting and Gaming consumers from fraudulent operators and persons.