The Commission is headed by a Chairman and six (6) other Commissioners all appointed by the Minister of Finance. The Commission is comprised of approximately fifty-seven (57) employees and its day to day functions are conducted through four(4) Divisions namely the: Betting division, Gaming division, Enforcement division, and Administrative division The directors of these divisions report directly to an Executive Director.
The Commission is required under the Act to perform the following functions:
- Regulate and control the operation of betting and gaming and the conduct of lotteries throughout the Island. The Commission presently supervises the conduct of bookmaking operations, the betting activities of the racing Promoter and the conduct of lotteries by the Lottery Operator; examine problems relating to the operation of betting and gaming and the conduct of lotteries in the island;
- Inform, advise and make recommendations to the Minister of Finance & Planning on matters pertaining to his functions under the Act;
- Conduct surveys and investigations for the purpose of obtaining information useful to the Commission in the execution of its function;
- The Commission shall, subject to the Act, have the power to do all such things as are in its opinion necessary to, or conducive to, the proper discharge of its functions.
- During the period the Commission supervised the operations of all its licensees to ensure that their operations were effectively carried out.
Media and Publication Links
Contact and address information for finding the Commission office.